- Its temperature range is -200 to + 270ºC
- Its resistance to pressure is 200 bars
- It is not toxic or polluting.
- It is very flexible, compressible and soft.
- Resistant to cold flow, slip and pressure.
- It does not break or stick to remove it.
- Optimum adaptation and only requires a soft screwed into the flange.
Our expanded PTFE tape with adhesive stripe for flanges is a sealant, manufactured from 100% pure expanded PTFE. It is typically produced as a tape and comprises all the exceptional operation parameters of PTFE plus the additional features acquired in the process of expansion. To facilitate the fitting, it is provided with a one-sided adhesive backing strip with protective layer made from special paper, which is removed before fitting. Due to its excellent flexibility and ductility it follows very easily the shape of the sealed surface, and the adhesive strip enables a very quick installation. Apart from the flange sealing our expanded PTFE tape may be successfully used in every other case of static sealing, provided that the working parameters fall into the range PTFE’s values.
Contains only materials conforming to FDA 21 - requirements for use in contact with food and chemical ingredients FDA21CFR 177.1550.
Approved for use in oxygen environment - BAM